First, a little bit about this post title. I wanted to call this post "insanity check," like the opposite of sanity check. Then, I thought I'd add a 'we' in there because it seemed like the slogan on a coin, like "in God we trust." That makes sense, right? It made sense to me yesterday when I wrote it. Oh well!
When things get busy, it's important to remember to take some time to do something for yourself, or rather, for someone else. It feels so good to help others. It's a high that I think I will be chasing for the rest of my life, like that one time in Vegas that I did blow off of a hooker's forehead. Anybody know the statute of limitations on that? (Asking for the hooker.)
It really cleared my head and made me feel good. I could see the world a little clearer, I swear. I'm not trying to go all hippie jumbo jumbo here, just saying it's nice to step outside of your own way and focus on others.
It's that time of the month again. (No, not that time of the month; I'm a guy.) I mean it's time to talk about my period. Wait! Scratch that, it's those pesky New Year's Resolutions. Here they are, updated for your amusement.
1. Make a sweet Catch Me If You Can reference. (Completed)
2. Be a guest on someone else's podcast (Completed)
3. Release more episodes of my own podcast. (Completed - 4th is below)
4. Write a TV show pilot. (2 in progress)
5. Write a play.
6. Take sketch writing classes. (Completed)
7. Join an independent improv team. (Completed)
8. Join an independent sketch team.
9. Write my own sketch show.
10. Act in a sketch show.
11. Host an open mic.
12. Do a feature set of stand up.
13. Attend a live taping of Saturday Night Live. (Completed - Hell Yeah!!)
14. Release a book.
See you fools in April!!!